Global logistics, UK and Ireland distribution, warehouse storage, customised contract packaging and worldwide freight services
CORPORATE ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
Quality & Environmental Policy & Mission 2018
The Group’s policy is to provide high specification bespoke warehousing & distribution along with a Customs and Excise Tax Bonded warehouse for our present and future customers in a sustainable way. The Group will also operate a co-packing division for its present and future customer base offering a one-stop shop service. This means that the AKW Group staff, partners, stakeholders and suppliers are actively encouraged to strive towards creating a better environment for all.
Our aim is to offer the highest level of service to our customers by maintaining a high level of quality in our operation and achieving good environmental practice throughout all its business activities.
- It is our aim to sustain registration to the current version of BS EN ISO9001; BS EN ISO14001, OHSAS18001& BRC Quality System certification.
- We shall monitor and review information on any external and internal issues we determine could affect our ability to consistently provide services that meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Scope for registration will be: - AKW Group PLC understands the context in which it operates and will be managed for the benefit of all interested parties. The company provides Storage & Transport of Customers Goods within the UK. Customs & Excise and Tax Bonded Warehousing. Palletised distribution throughout the UK. Co-packing of stored customers goods. AKW Group PLC does not carry out any design work and has no requirement for monitoring and measuring resources.
- The Compliance Manager will maintain BS EN ISO9001; BS EN ISO14001, OHSAS18001& BRC Quality System certification to ensure professional credibility to the services we provide and satisfy all legal and regulatory requirements.
- We will compete by maintaining a high level of communication with our customers & employees from operations to senior management at all times.
- Our documentation will be maintained at the required standards.
- We will track and analyse our success levels and thereby evidence a cycle of continuous review and planned improvement.
- We will set goals and targets to be achieved each year in order to improve the level of service to our customers and environment.
- Reducing energy usage in all areas of the business whenever reasonably possible.
- Minimising the amount of waste produced by reducing, reusing and recycling, and ensuring that any waste is disposed of responsibly in accordance with any current legislation.
- Endeavouring to source materials from sustainable resources wherever possible.
- Minimising environmental impact from any product packaging used.
- Developing good working relationships with suppliers, customers, contractors and any other relevant parties to discuss and promote improvements in environmental performances.
- Organising the use of transport in the most efficient and environmentally-friendly way.
- Using water efficiently and striving to prevent pollution at any level.
- Communicating the policy as appropriate to customers and suppliers and making it publicly available to any interested parties.
- Continually reviewing and setting objectives to improve the environment.
This approach will enable the company to meet its objectives of improved customer, environmental services and employee development and thereby allow achievement of its mission, which is:
“To provide excellence in the Storage, Transport and Co-Packing of Customer’s goods and to be regarded as successful by all who have an interest and commitment in the activities of the business”