Global logistics, UK and Ireland distribution, warehouse storage, customised contract packaging and worldwide freight services
AKW Group PLC
This notice sets out the bases on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the data controller is AKW Group PLC of 26 Bond, Europa Way, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1WF.
Our lawful basis for processing information includes:
Performance of a contract
Requirements by law
With the data subjects consent
The type of information which may be collected:
How we collect information from you:
- When you submit information when completing a form on our website
- Through correspondence by e-mail, phone or in person
- In the course of us providing you with a service or employment contract
- Through third party service providers we work closely with including for example partners, sub-contractors and credit reference agencies
We may use information provided by you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information on the services you request or similar services we can offer
- To enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any agreed contract
- In order to comply with any legal obligation
- To notify you of any changes
- To improve our website and to keep the website safe and secure
We will not use personal data for uses other than collected. In circumstances where we are considered a Data Processor we will only process personal data as instructed by the data controller.
How we store and protect your information:
We store personal information electronically on secure computer storage facilities and other records are securely stored ensuring access is restricted only to authorised personnel. We have taken numerous steps to protect personal information from unauthorised access and disclosure and from any misuse, interference or loss.
We take reasonable steps to securely destroy any personal information when we no longer need it.
We may share information provided with third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation
- In order to enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements
- To protect property, our safety or the safety of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
How long we will keep information for and your rights:
We will retain personal information for individuals employed by us or for individuals within organisations which are currently trading with us or are prospective clients or service providers only for as long as required in line with our data retention policy.
Individuals within organisations have the same rights as any other individual. Your rights include the right to be forgotten, the right for information rectification and the right of access. Anyone wishing to exercise their rights and wants to know what information we hold about them or wishes for information to be corrected should contact email@example.com.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The following information below explains the cookies we use and why:
Cookie: Google Analytics
Name: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
Purpose: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. This information is shown to us through the Google Analytics tools and is not shared with anyone else. They are first-party cookies.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout