Global logistics, UK and Ireland distribution, warehouse storage, customised contract packaging and worldwide freight services
Warehouse Operative - 4 ON 4 OFF DAYS
Salary: £10.76 per hour PLUS 50p per hour bonus for basic scanning tasks = £11.26 per hour on target earnings
Contract type: Permanent, full-time
Location: 5 Fraser Place, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1ED
Working Hours: : 4 on 4 off shift patterns, 6am to 6pm, covering Monday – Sunday including Bank Holidays
Annual Leave Entitlement: 20 days
We are looking for enthusiastic, ambitious and hardworking Warehouse Operatives to join our team at a brand new, exciting Warehouse in the heart of Trafford Park, Manchester with excellent transport links, with free parking for those who drive or just a 5 minute walk from Trafford Park train station for those who prefer to get public transport! There will be plenty of opportunity to grow and develop within the business, progressing to Supervisor (and higher!) positions if you have what it takes.
Key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Unloading, loading and storage of goods both in the racked environment brought into/and out of the warehouse
- Checking the quality and quantity of all incoming deliveries.
- Ensure goods inward, goods outward notes and pick notes are properly completed and passed to the relevant colleague.
- Ensuring goods being received or dispatched have the relevant paperwork issued by the operations team.
- Following Health and Safety related policies and procedures, reporting any issues.
- Carry out other duties within the scope of the position as may be required by your manager in the interest of the company and its customers
*This list is not exhaustive, please ask for a Job Description if you require a more detailed account of exactly what you’ll be doing on a day to day basis.
Key skills/competencies required:
- Great team player
- Attention to detail
- Health and Safety awareness
- Basic Maths, English and IT skills
Additional info: MUST HAVE at least one of the following licenses: FLT, Bendi, VNA or Reach. We have in-house trainers who can train you on the ones you don’t have to ensure you are multi-skilled however, please do not apply if you do not have at least one.
Interview dates: We will be flexible around you
Application process: Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you are applying for in the subject header of the email.
AGENCIES NEED NOT ENQUIRE - thank you.
We are an equal opportunities employer who encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.