Global logistics, UK and Ireland distribution, warehouse storage, customised contract packaging and worldwide freight services
Salary: Competitive - to be discussed at interview
Contract type: Permanent, full-time
Location: Alba Way, Stretford, Manchester, M32 0ZH
Working Hours: 47.5 per week, working Monday – Friday
Annual Leave Entitlement: 28 days per year (including bank holidays)
We are currently looking to recruit a Traffic Planner to join our team at AKW.
AKW is a successful well established Warehousing and Logistics company that is part of the Kinaxia Logistics group offering excellent opportunities for individuals who enjoy a challenging and a fast paced working environment
Roles & Responsibilities of a Transport Planner:
- Ensure all timed deliveries meet deadlines, and management are informed of any potential failures
- Make sure all vehicles are monitored and progress is recorded
- Oversee that all employed drivers are using PDA’s to update arrival time at site and to obtain electronic signatures
- Make sure all jobs in traffic diary are allocated correctly
- Report any damages / accidents and ensure the relevant forms are completed upon return to depot.
- Carry out mentor duties by agreed deadline and relevant forms updated.
- Notify drivers of their start times for the following day.
- Debrief all drivers fully at end of shift, ensure all POD’s accounted for and any damages/shortages reported to line manager.
- Ensure driver tachograph card is download and hand in vehicle keys at the end of shift.
- Allocate night drivers vehicles.
- Ensure vehicles are available for Service and MOT when required
- Experience working within a busy Traffic Office
- Computer Literate
- Excellent man management skills
- Familiar with TMS systems such as Contrado and Stirling
- Experience of a Pallet Network
Interview dates: We will be flexible around you
Application process: Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AGENCIES NEED NOT ENQUIRE – thank you.
We are an equal opportunities employer who encourage and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, irrespective of age, race, nationality, gender, disability, religion/belief or sexual orientation.