Global logistics, UK and Ireland distribution, warehouse storage, customised contract packaging and worldwide freight services
Contract type: Permanent
Location: AKW Global Warehousing Limited, Trafford park, Manchester, M17 1WF
We are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and hardworking Operations Supervisor, who will be responsible for directing all operations within the warehouse environment, instructed and supervised by the Warehouse Manager.
Key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Ensuring all/any stock, equipment or premises damage is correctly controlled and reported.
- Ensuring customer loads leave the premises correctly prepared, on time and in goods order for the delivery.
- Supervision of major customer projects working with the project manager and team leader.
- Running of all other warehouse activities with input into customer contracts where required.
- Reporting of any problems the FLT drivers may have to the Warehouse Manager.
- Ensuring the cleanliness and good housekeeping of the warehouse.
- Observing and enforcing Health and Safety Safe Systems of Work and safe practices.
- Reporting any problems to the Warehouse Manager.
- Implementation of QMS procedures where applicable.
- Accounting for and controlling custom bonded stock and other high-volume customers.
- Ensure all staff are recording working hours using productive and non-productive tasks using the RF functionality.
- Management of staff holidays & absence by monitoring and controlling relevant intranet & spreadsheet functions.
- Ensure all documentation is maintained and up to date for the purpose of auditing.
- Carry out other duties within the scope of the position as may be required by your manager in the interest of the company.
What you need to succeed:
- Effective team player working cooperatively to achieve business goals.
- Work under pressure remaining calm & objective whilst prioritising appropriately.
- Prioritising workflow appropriately.
- Effectively supervise, train, support & guide Warehouse staff.
- Ability to influence and motivate warehouse teams to achieve goals.
- Gather, analyse & act appropriately with initiative on relevant data.
- Problem solve and plan effectively working with colleagues across the business.
- Give and receive constructive feedback to all.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Remain results focused at all times whilst ensuring Quality Standards are maintained.
- Any other duties deemed necessary and relevant to the role, as assigned by the Warehouse Manager.
- Ability to manage costs and maximise profit margins.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01625 728032