Global logistics, UK and Ireland distribution, warehouse storage, customised contract packaging and worldwide freight services
HSEQ Business Partner
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Fraser Place, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1ED
Working Hours: Monday - Friday
Annual Leave Entitlement: 28 days including bank holidays
AKW Global Warehousing are looking for an experienced HSEQ Business Partner to provide HSEQ support for the business and across three sites in the Manchester area. The ideal person will have an excellent background in logistics and warehousing including knowledge and experience of COMAH, BRC, ISO HSEQ Management Standards and ethical trading and food standards.
We are a successful well-established Warehousing and Logistics company that is part of Kinaxia Logistics group, offering excellent opportunities for individuals who enjoy a challenging and a fast-paced working environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities include:
- Point of contact for all HSEQ matters at AKW across multi sites (within the Manchester region).
- Acting as competent person for the business providing support and advising management on all HSEQ matters.
- Liaising with Group HSEQ Manager and central compliance team.
- Provide assistance and support in developing a positive HSEQ culture across the organisation, so we become an industry leader.
- Managing and controlling risk including the production of risk assessments, safe systems of work etc.
- Input into bids and tender documents as required.
- Ensure Customer audits and corporate responsibility and other customer standards are understood and adhered to.
- Client liaison on all HSEQ matters.
- Promotion of Health & Wellbeing initiatives so staff across all sites.
- Identifying areas of concern and supporting line managers.
- Taking part in health and safety meetings and committee and employee consultation.
- Ensure compliance with all current HSE legislation and applicable standards.
- Promote and support near miss reporting.
- Perform/support site HSEQ inspections and audits.
- Monitor and ensure corrective actions are closed out as required.
- Undertaking and supporting accident and incident investigations.
- Ensure the company meets its environmental obligations and is environmentally compliant. all projects are meeting environmental obligations.
- Support to project teams with Environmental issues.
- Producing and reporting of KPI`s.
- Identifying areas where 'lean principals' can be applied.
- Keeping up to date with changes in HSE legislation and best practice and communicating this information to the site management.
- Developing and delivering HSEQ and identifying training requirements.
Key Skills and qualifications required:
- Strong background in HSEQ management within a warehousing and logistics.
- Pick and Pack Operation experience would be advantageous.
- Experience in Lower Tier COMAH Chemical Warehousing is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of ISO 45001, 14001, 9001, BRC, SMETA 6 and Organic Standards.
- Auditing preferably to ISO 14001 ISO 45001, 9001 and BRC standards.
- Excellent communicator with a natural ability for building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- You will have the ability to use a wide range of techniques to influence change at all levels of the organisation.
- Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health (or equivalent) preferably working towards a diploma or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of safety management systems and H&S legislations.
- Minimum Tech IOSH, preferably Grad IOSH or CMIOSH.
- Experience in incident investigation and auditing.
- Lead auditor qualifications in any of the above would be advantageous.
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes