Global logistics, UK and Ireland distribution, warehouse storage, customised contract packaging and worldwide freight services
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Fraser Place, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1ED
Working Hours: Monday - Friday
Annual Leave Entitlement: 28 days including bank holidays
AKW Warehousing are looking for a Bond Manager to manage, co-ordinate and control the Bonded function within all AKW Warehousing. It is your role to ensure conformity with HMRC regulations for the receipt, storage, internal movement and processing and delivery of both bulk and bottled products.
- Accurately pay and account for Excise and Customs Duty, Import VAT, Deferred VAT and environmental taxes. Prepare monthly reconciliations to this effect.
- Control, reconcile and maintain accurate records of all dutiable stocks on site in accordance with both HMRC regulations and business requirements.
- Provide appropriate advice to management on Excise and Customs Duties, quotas and regulations to minimize costs in complying with HMRC requirements.
- Provide accurate and meaningful information on stock losses on bulk and finished product, ensuring appropriate actions are taken to resolve problems and to minimise losses.
- Preparation and submission of Intrastat returns to meet HMRC deadlines.
- Act as primary point of contact for HMRC for customs and excise matters
- Review existing processes and develop improvement of controls and processes required to comply with operational fiscal authority requirements.
- Ensure that the business has all the necessary customs and excise registrations (e.g. EORI, AEO), and guarantees in order to trade in a compliant manner, including the monitoring of guarantee limits.
- Ensure import and export documentation accuracy, compliance and retention, including C88s, ARCs, VI1s.
- To drive implementation of alcohol due diligence policy and tax governance across supply chain for AWRS compliance.
- To develop and embed best practice tax processes – for example, assisting the Finance Manager with compliance with UK Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) and Criminal Corporate Offence (CCO) regulations, as far as they relate to customs and excise matters
Qualifications and Key skills for this role:
- CTA or other relevant accounting or tax qualification
- Degree qualification
- Demonstrable experience post qualified (practice or in-house)
- Good Excel skills
- Excellent knowledge of UK Customs and Excise legislation and compliance
- Alcohol industry experience essential
- Knowledge of inco-terms and international trading.
- Experience with Customs & Excise Alcohol duty and AWRS compliance
- International customs and excise experience
**This is not a full JD, please email email@example.com for more information**
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes