Global logistics, UK and Ireland distribution, warehouse storage, customised contract packaging and worldwide freight services
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Fraser Place, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1ED
Working Hours: Monday - Friday
Annual Leave Entitlement: 28 days including bank holidays
Following a period of sustained growth AKW Warehousing are seeking a Commercial Accountant with logistics/manufacturing industry experience, to provide timely and accurate financial information to support the growth and profitability of the Warehousing business. The successful candidate will possess strong commercial awareness and take a hands-on approach becoming a key member of the leadership team, providing strategic reporting to assist in the development of the business.
Role and responsibilities :
- Analysis of the financial accounts, identifying improvements & working with the operations team to improve efficiencies.
- Supporting the Directors and Sales team in tender submissions & sales contract negotiations.
- Assisting the Management Accountant as required, providing cover for annual leave and seasonal peak periods.
- Submission of Payroll information to Payroll Department
- Supporting production of Forecast & KPI reports, with detailed variance commentary and recommendations playing an integral role in ensuring the company adheres to budgets and operates profitably.
- Providing financial costing projections for identified growth opportunities.
- Appraisal of customer SLAs/Contracts including management of company liabilities
- Play a key role in the implementation of the planned WMS 2020 upgrade project
- Introduction of weekly dashboard reports
- Evaluating and negotiating with providers and managing supplier contracts.
- Qualified/Qualified by experience Accountant with commercial exposure gained within logistics/manufacturing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Accounting and IT skills including MS Excel and Paperless Sage 200
- Knowledge of Reporting Software such as Crystal and JDA/Red prairie WMS will be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience in providing insightful analysis to optimise decision making
- Experience working in Warehousing and/or Contract Packing industry will be advantageous.
- Strong Commercial Acumen with ability to identify commercial opportunities
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes