Global logistics, UK and Ireland distribution, warehouse storage, customised contract packaging and worldwide freight services
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Alba Way, Stretford, M32 0ZH
Working Hours: 0700 - 1700, 1000 - 2000 Monday - Friday
Annual Leave Entitlement: 28 days including bank holidays
We are currently looking to recruit a Transport operator to join our team at AKW.
AKW is a successful well-established Warehousing and Logistics company that is part of the Kinaxia Logistics group offering excellent opportunities for individuals who enjoy a challenging and a fast-paced working environment.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Transport Operator:
- Ensure all jobs have correct delivery and collection method allocated
- Monitor drivers on delivery and collection times
- Communicate any issues that may arise that could comprise service to all stakeholders
- Ensure all drivers have working PDA, s and are conducting vehicle inspections
- making sure all deliveries are signed off and collections are confirmed
- responsibility of phone sign out and training of PDA use to all agency drivers
- Monitor network trunk departures and respond to Palletline with departure proofs avoiding late arrival fines.
- Monitor all palletline coms
- Oversee and monitor Palletline coms message board and confirm issues via telephone conversations
- Complete mentor duties monitor telematics and use that information to build a knowledge of driver’s performance so this can be improved.
- Debrief drivers upon their return checking all delivery documentation and issuing pallet labels when needed
- Ensuring capture of signatures on PDA, s.
- Follow accident procedure in the event of any reported incidents, carrying out driver interviews and completion of accident report forms
- Communicate driver start times to them.
- Complete rigid handover document advising of any failed collections and deliveries.
- Experience working within a busy Traffic Office
- Computer Literate
- Excellent man management skills
- Familiar with TMS systems such as Contrado and Stirling
- Experience of a Pallet Network
- demonstrate a good knowledge of current transport legislaton
- excellent planning and routing ability
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
- Secure onsite parking with 24hr security
Send your CV to Recruitment@Kinaxia.co.uk
Interview Dates: We will be flexible around you