Global logistics, UK and Ireland distribution, warehouse storage, customised contract packaging and worldwide freight services
Warehouse Operative - 07:00 - 17:00 / 10:00 - 20:00 shift
Salary: £9.00 per hour PLUS 50p per hour bonus for basic scanning tasks
Contract type: Full-time, permanent
Location: AKW Global Warehousing Limited, B3, Wharfside Way, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1AW
Working Hours: 37.5 per week. 07:00 – 17:00 / 10:00 – 20:00 weekly rotating shift pattern
Annual Leave Entitlement: 28 days per year (including bank holidays)
We are looking for several enthusiastic, ambitious and hardworking Warehouse Operatives to join our team at our Bond 3 Warehouse Trafford Park, Manchester with excellent transport links, with free parking for those who drive or just a 5 minute walk from Trafford Park train station for those who prefer to get public transport! There will be plenty of opportunity to grow and develop within the business, progressing to Supervisor (and higher!) positions if you have what it takes.
Key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Unloading, loading and storage of goods both in the racked environment brought into/and out of the warehouse
- Checking the quality and quantity of all incoming deliveries.
- Ensure goods inward, goods outward notes and pick notes are properly completed and passed to the relevant colleague.
- Ensuring goods being received or dispatched have the relevant paperwork issued by the operations team.
- Following Health and Safety related policies and procedures, reporting any issues.
- Carry out other duties within the scope of the position as may be required by your manager in the interest of the company and its customers
*This list is not exhaustive, please ask for a Job Description if you require a more detailed account of exactly what you’ll be doing on a day to day basis.
Key skills/competencies required:
- Great team player
- Attention to detail
- Health and Safety awareness
- Basic Maths, English and IT skills
Additional info: MUST HAVE A VNA Licence. We have in-house trainers who can train you on Counter Balance to ensure you are multi-skilled however, please do not apply if you do not have at least one.
Interview dates: We will be flexible around you
Application process: Please email your CV to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer who encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
AGENCIES NEED NOT ENQUIRE - thank you.