Global logistics, UK and Ireland distribution, warehouse storage, customised contract packaging and worldwide freight services
CORPORATE ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
The AKW Group is group of companies totally committed to the delivery of a quality professional service to all customers, at the same time developing business in a sustainable way. This means that AKW Group staff, partners, stakeholders and suppliers are actively encouraged to strive towards creating a better environment for all. The AKW Group is committed to achieving good environmental practice throughout all its business activities by:-
- Identifying and complying with all legal requirements.
- Reducing energy usage in all areas of the business whenever reasonably possible.
- Minimising the amount of waste produced by reducing, reusing and recycling, and ensuring that any waste is disposed of responsibly in accordance with any current legislation.
- Endeavouring to source materials from sustainable resources wherever possible.
- Minimising environmental impact from any product packaging used.
- Developing good working relationships with suppliers, customers, contractors and any other relevant parties to discuss and promote improvements in environmental performances.
- Organising the use of transport in the most efficient and environmentally-friendly way.
- Using water efficiently and striving to prevent pollution at any level.
- Communicating the policy as appropriate to customers and suppliers and making it publicly available to any interested parties.
- Continually reviewing and setting objectives to improve the environment.
Our Environmental Management System encompasses Transport, Storage & Distribution and Contract Packing of various products across our group of companies in the United Kingdom.
A.K. Worthington, Chairman